404 - file not found for file: com.mendix.charts.json

In an application I have used Charts widget, chart appears on dashboard with proper data. But getting this connector error→ 404 - file not found for file: com.mendix.charts.json I have updated the charts widget but still facing same issue. Kindly advice how can I fix this error.
asked
4 answers

Hello Pooja  Kavitake,

you can check this answer it may help you https://forum.mendix.com/link/questions/95489

answered

The 404 you’re getting is not per se a problem. It comes from the widget testing to see if you have the advanced configuration file in your theme (documented here), since that does a request to the server, it will get a 404 if you don’t have the file. The widget can handle this, but a browser console always triggers an error log for such requests. The Mendix server will also log this 404, as it does with any other request to non-existing resources.

You can either create the file mentioned in the documentation without any settings (content `{}`), or just ignore the 404 error altogether. As there isn’t really anything wrong 🙂.

Edit: note that with Mendix 9 and Atlas 3, the “theme folder” is actually “theme/web” where you’ll need to add this file.

answered

just create file com.mendix.charts.json in theme/web . and value for com.mendix.charts.json just {}. then it worked

answered

Hello Everyone,

I am using Chart in Mx 9.13, still faced same issue,
Found the answer here and fixed, now it is working. Thanks

answered