File Dropper error while bulk upload of files - Error saving files! Error

Hi, We have been using file dropper widget in our app for uploading multiple files. We are currently facing a inconsistent error popup occurring which says “Error saving files! Error” while trying to upload bulk files.  This doesn’t happen everytime. Its not reproduceable in mendix local environment. Its occurring at random times in Mendix Acceptance environment(Less frequent) and our on prem production (Quite often).  I don’t see any problem with the files which i upload. Also no logs but an empty error message browser console log. Any suggestions/ advices/ help would be much appreciated.   Thanks in Advance.
asked
4 answers

Hello Gayathri Ganesh,

This might solve your problem: Mendix Community - Question Details

answered

Could it be due to the settings configured in the Reverse Proxy in your on premise environment?

I presume you are using IIS. Can you check if there is limit of some sort to cause this?

answered

Hi ,

Could you able to resolve that issue. I am getting same kind of error in Sandbox. In local file uplodaed without any error. but when i test it from sandbox , there i am getting error

=======================

Error saving files! Error: Expected response body to be JSON. Instead received: "<html><head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head><body><center><h1>413 Request Entity Too Large</h1></center><hr><center>nginx</center></body></html><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->"

==================

image.png

answered

Hi Gayathri,

If I understand the issue, I present some insights, and potential solutions:

1. Network Stability:

• Ensure that there are no network issues between your Mendix Studio Pro and the Mendix Acceptance and Production environments.
    • Check for any intermittent network latency or disruptions.
  2. Check Server Configuration:

• Review the configuration of the server (especially the production environment) where your Mendix application is hosted.
    • Verify that the server has sufficient resources (CPU, memory, disk space) to handle file uploads, especially when multiple files are being uploaded simultaneously.
  3. Browser Console Logs:

• Although you mentioned an empty error message in the browser console log, try to inspect the network requests and responses.
    • Look for any specific error messages or HTTP status codes associated with the failed file uploads.
  4. Mendix Version and File Dropper Widget Version:

• Ensure that you are using the latest version of Mendix Studio Pro and the File Dropper widget.
    • Check for any known issues or updates related to file handling in the Mendix release notes.
  5. Enable Detailed Logging:

• If possible, enable detailed logging in your Mendix application to capture more information during the file upload process.
    • Review Mendix logs, both runtime logs and server logs, for any additional information during the times when the issue occurs.
  6. Test with Different Browsers:

• Test file uploads using different browsers to see if the issue is browser-specific.
    • Check if the issue occurs consistently on a particular browser or if it's cross-browser.
  7. Contact Mendix Support:

• If the issue persists and you are unable to identify a solution, consider reaching out to Mendix support.
    • Provide them with information about your Mendix version, File Dropper widget version, server configuration, and any relevant logs.
  8. Error Handling in Microflows:

• Review the microflows responsible for handling file uploads. Ensure that they have proper error handling mechanisms in place.
    • Log relevant information in microflows to capture any issues during the file upload process.
  9. Load Testing:

• Consider performing load testing in your acceptance environment to simulate the conditions under which the issue occurs.
    • Observe the behavior and error logs during load testing to identify any patterns.

** Kindly  accept my answer if it assist you to solve your problem.

answered