Items per Page

I want to implement items per page filter in my project , can anyone  suggest any way , I don’t find any widget in marketplace . image below for reference  
asked
2 answers

Hi Abdur,

To implement an "Items Per Page" filter in your Mendix project, you can follow these general steps:

1. Identify the data grid or list widget that displays the items you want to paginate.

2. Add a new input widget, such as a dropdown or numeric input, to serve as the "Items Per Page" filter.

3. Configure the options for the input widget. For example, you can define a set of predefined values (e.g., 10, 25, 50) or allow users to enter a custom value.

4. Set a default value for the "Items Per Page" filter. This can be done through the widget's properties or by using a microflow or nanoflow to set the initial value.

5. Add an event handler or action to the input widget to trigger the pagination logic when the value changes.

6. Implement the pagination logic in a microflow or nanoflow. This logic should update the data source of the data grid or list widget based on the selected value from the "Items Per Page" filter. 

7. Update the data grid or list widget to display the appropriate number of items per page. Make sure to handle cases where the number of items is less than the selected value to avoid displaying empty rows or incorrect pagination.

8. Optionally, you can also add pagination controls (e.g., next page, previous page) to allow users to navigate through the pages if your data set contains more items than the selected "Items Per Page" value.

9. Test the "Items Per Page" filter by running your Mendix application and verifying that the data grid or list widget displays the correct number of items based on the selected value.

answered

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

answered