Rich Text widget - change (default) display font

Hi All,   When upgrading various widgets and modules in an exiting app, I stumbled upon the current Rich Text widget. When migrating to the new platform-supported widget, I noticed that all texts are using Times New Roman as a default display font. The editor will render inside an iframe (interesting choice), which makes using direct app styling impossible without the use of JS. Even adjusting the default widget styling as one of the last resorts did not allow me to use another font as default.   It certainly feels like I am overlooking something here. Hopefully, you can help me out!   https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/component/74889
asked
3 answers

After contacting support about this, they confirmed that this behavior is as-designed. Luckily, there are some options to reach my goal without the need to use another editor.

By switch to ‘Full’ instead of ‘Basic’, the font seems to be a lot closer to the rest of the application. As this results in a very large editor, I switched it to ‘custom’. If you add the ‘Font’ to at least one toolbar, the font will appear normal.

For read-only usages, this is working good as well. In some scenarios I used the HTML Element, as the links are not working properly when using the widget directly.

answered

*It certainly feels like I am overlooking something here. Hopefully, you can help me out!*

No you’re not. Same conclusion here.. 

answered

Hi Jeroen,

if you have all these issues with Rich Text, maybe the HTML Element widget could be the solution,

what do you think?

Let me know,

Regards,

Andrea

answered