problem using datagrid 2 since update to Mx-Studio 10.4: on click action requested

The error message tells me that I have to select an on click action for action button 7. But there is no action button 7. Click on the error marks the whole data grid. This happens every time I create a new page with a data grid 2 . The existing old pages (before the update) work still fine.  
asked
5 answers

I know this is an older question but I came across this today. Solution I found was that datagrid2 is creating new/edit button but not appearing and throwing the error.  Hope this helps some of you.

image.png

answered

Did you ever find the solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem right now in version 10.5.0

answered

Hi Andreas,

Just a quick test. What happens if you search for 'actionButton7' with the Find (ctrl + f) function? Do you get a result? If you see it coming back in your results, clicking on it should bring you to the button and highlight it. Maybe I'm stating the obvious here but it's odd that you can't see the button while Mendix says it is there.

answered

Hallo Martijn,

thank you for your quick reaction. 

When I search for the button the system finds it and shows it in the result set.

But clicking on the line marks the whole grid and I can't find any possibility to add an on click action.

(the on click page for the grid is correctly set - have a look an the last picture below)

I tried to copy the datagrid 2 from an existing page, where everything works well, but this leads to the same error. So can't use datagrid 2 for new created pages any more.

image.png

image.png

image.png

answered

Good morning Emily,

what I did is:

I went back to an older version of my program which was still stored on my computer. There, in the subdirectory 'widgets' I found the file 'com.mendix.widget.web.Datagrid.mpk'. I took this file and replaced the existing one in the current version of my program by this one.

This helped for the moment but I'm not shure that this is a good and longlasting solution.

answered