Best practice for collecting geolocation data each 10 seconds

Hi all,     I am wondering what the best practice would be In Mendix for "recording" a custom route by collecting geolocation data each 10 seconds. I know there is a module in appstore "Geolocation for Phonegap" to retrieve geolocation, this could be useful I think.   What are your experiences with: 1 - Collecting geolocation with PhoneGap - Mendix app (general technical usability) ? 2 - Technical implementation (Mendix - phone gap features / Custom java / third party services) to collect geolocation data with an interval? 3 - If I think to PhoneGap - Menddix possibilities, I think to  execute a MF each 10 second when the route is started to collect the  geolocation data. But when there are 1000 users recording simultaneously, this will have a certain negative effect to main performance of the app. How could I manage/tackle this? Any other advices are much appreciated.   Thanks all!   Sinan    
asked
1 answers

Hi Sinan,

I have created the Geolocation widget that's in the AppStore and I wrote a blog about my approach on this subject. Perhaps it might be of help: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/power-mobile-widget-development-mendix-willem-van-zantvoort

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

answered