iTunes connect error missing NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key

Hi, today I learned that the camera widget for phonegap does not work in it's current configuration. If you create a mobile package from Sprintr, build it in phonegap and upload it using iTunes connect, you'll receive an email from Apple saying:  This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data. Since iOS 10 it's mandatory to add a NSCameraUsageDescription and NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription in the info.plist. To fix this you need to add the CAMERA_USAGE_DESCRIPTION and PHOTOLIBRARY_USAGE_DESCRIPTION keys to your phonegap config.xml i.e. <gap:plugin name="cordova-plugin-camera" source="npm" version="2.3.1" > <variable name="CAMERA_USAGE_DESCRIPTION" value="To create a profile picture" /> <variable name="PHOTOLIBRARY_USAGE_DESCRIPTION" value="To create a profile picture" /> </gap:plugin> Can anyone confirm this or create ticket?
asked
2 answers

We have released a new version of the hybrid app to solve this issue. If you go through the publish step again, it should work.

answered

Hi Johan,

I am experiencing the same problems at the moment, I tried to perform the trick above. I also tried multiple tags but always get the same error message back from Apple. 

answered