Custom widget get current page.

Hello everyone, I am building my first widget and I have a problem finding a way to get the current page ( the page on which the widget is placed ). Also, is it possible to add a Page parameter to the widget? Edit: Can the widget "show" a Page if you have that page name as a string?
asked
3 answers

Hi Volen,

Get the Current Page Name: as Rom suggests, you can get the current page through _formBase and path, or you can use a property of (`mx.router`) and use:

mx.router._contentForm.path // --> "Administration/Homepage.page.xml"

Include a Page as a Widget Property: In the documentation for the widget specification, you can see that you can include a Form property, which translates into the same name that you see in (`path`). https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/xml-reference-guide#5-2-4-form. In your widget, this translates into a property that lets the Mendix developer choose the page through a dialog, and whose key in your widget instance will map to a string value similar to what you see in (`path`), i.e. something like "Administration/Homepage.page.xml". You can use that value in conjunction with (`mx.ui`) in the Client API to open forms through JS, like this:

mx.ui.openForm("MyFirstModule/Puppies.page.xml", {
    callback: function(form) {
        console.log(form.id);
    }
});

answered

Hi Volen,

Regarding your second question you can send a string parameter to the widget, then it is up to the person who places the widget on a certain page to set that parameter correctly. If you want to open a page from the widget it best to use a microflow. You can set a microflow as a parameter and open a page in this microflow.

Hope this helps,

Andrej

answered

It should be pretty easy to find. If you look at the documentation, more specifically here, you will see that your widget (through _WidgetBase) has a member mxform of type _FormBase and _FormBase has a member path which contains the page.

answered