Selected value of a drop down on page load

I am showing a drop down on a page. The values of the drop down changes based on object selected on previous page. I need to show a particular value when the page loads. I am unable to find any attribute to tell the component which value to show when the page loads. What is the most efficient way to do this?
asked
1 answers

Romil,

I depends on what your drop down is. Is it an enumeration value? Or is it an association to a list? What activity are you using to navigate through these two pages? Is it the show page button or a microflow button?

In either case, I recommend using a microflow button to navigate through the pages.

If your drop down is an enumeration value, in the microflow from page 1 to page 2, use the change activity to set the value that you want, and then use the show page activity to display page 2.

If its an associated list, in the microflow from page 1 to page 2, set the association you want with the change activity, and then use the show page activity to show page 2.

In both cases, since your value on page 2, is based on the value from page 1, you can use an exclusive split in the microflow to determine which value to set for page 2. 

answered