Reset Input reference selector after bad user entry

Hi Guys, I've trying to develop a cascading user entry filter. The user has three drop down entry boxes where the value of the first entry box determines the values to choose from in the second entry box and so on: Is there a way to clear the entered value in the reference selector after a bad validation? Regards Adrian
asked
8 answers

Adrian, 

You could set up conditional visibility on the reference selectors so the user won't see the next dropdown until they have made a selection from the first one.

This would be the conditional visibility on the section:

And this would be the conditional visibility on the subsection:

Then the user would not see the section dropdown until the department was chosen:

answered

Would an onchange microflow on the reference selectors work?  You could check validity of the selected values and set them to empty if needed.

answered

Thanks for the reply Mike,

I do call an on-change microflow so that would be the place I guess to clear them down.

However, I don't know how you reference the entered value :( ... I did try this but it didn't work:

answered

Alternatively, you could also set editability (and selectable options) dependable on whether or not a value has been entered?

As in: 2nd dropdown is only editable when a value has been entered at the first dropdown, and similarly for the third.

answered

I think your best option here is to restrict the selectable objects with a datasource microflow. So the user can't select an invalid value.

Additionally you can set up conditional visibility or editability, as suggested by Wieke and Nicholas.

answered

Thanks for your inputs guys - much appreciated!

@ Mike - I'll have a look at doing that model sharing (to be honest I've not done that before so bear with me on that one). 

Making the drop-downs visible at the appropriate time is a cracking idea - thanks for that :)

answered

Thanks for all the inputs guys - Much appreciated!

@ Mike I'll investigate the model sharing - not done it before so bear with.

Having the drop-downs visible at the appropriate time is a cracking idea, I'll try and put that in.

Again thanks for you help.

Regards

Adrian

answered

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your inputs - much appreciated.

I've added in the editable conditions and it works a dream!

Thank you all again! :)

answered