Load non AMD library in Mendix 7 widget

Hi, I am converting a Mendix 6 widget to a Mendix 7 widget. Below is the relevant javascript code: define([     "dojo/_base/declare",     "mxui/widget/_WidgetBase",     "IFrameResizer/lib/jquery-1.11.2.min"     // "dojo/text!IFrame/widget/templates/IFrameResizer.html" ], function (declare, _WidgetBase,  _jQuery) {     "use strict";     console.log("widget being initialized");          var $ = _jQuery.noConflict(true);   In debugger mode, I see my console message, but on JQuery line I am getting a factory Threw error. This is due to the fact that the JQuery library is not an AMD JS library.   See Console message:   So my question is how do I use non-AMD libraries in a Mendix 7 widget ?
asked
3 answers

If it is only jQuery then I would say take a look at the AppStoreBoilerPlate widget from Mendix on GitHub. It is built with an AMD version of jQuery loaded into the Main JS file.

answered

Hello,

It's straightforward to convert your existing js library to an AMD-friendly format. I have followed and recommended this article to people before, and I think it lays out the steps well. 

Once your module is AMD-friendly, you can load it just like any other module

answered

One option could be to modify the non-amd library to attach the widget to the window. eg:

var myNiceModule = someReferenceToYourLibrary
//This is inside that library

window.myNiceModule = myNiceModule

But if its just the jQuery library you are struggling with, get the version from the app store boilerplate.

answered