Data grid doesnt seem to be refreshing properly

I have a data grid displaying multiple attributes from my 'product' entity, which it does just fine. I can add and edit records in the data grid just fine, except for 1 of the attributes. There's 1 attribute that, when i try to edit it, it won't actually update the field in the data grid UNLESS i refresh the page manually(the attribute in question is an enumeration, and i'm using some custom java to change the value of it according to the selected option in a dropdown, this all works perfectly fine)        I have also tried setting  the 'refresh time(in seconds)' property of the data grid to 1 second , 10 seconds , 60 seconds, none of those settings made any difference.     Is there anything else i can do to make a data grid refresh, other than just refreshing the page manually?
asked
2 answers

Hi Justin,

I see that you are using the Mendix 7.12 modeler version. If you look at the release notes of the 7.13 version, it mentions the following: "We fixed the issue where a data grid or template grid with an XPath or database source showed uncommitted changes. (Tickets 55421, 58075, 59269, 60008, 61654, 62092)"

I assume those tickets are having a similar problem. Maybe the easiest solution would be to upgrade to 7.13? Depending on your project, customer, etc.

Hope that helps.

answered

Hi Justin,

I f you change from a datagrid to a listview or templategrid, you can add an onChange microflow on the input field that refreshes the object that you edited. The listview/templategrid can be styled as a datagrid if you want. Does that fix your problem?

EDIT: you could perhaps even perform the change in the onChange microflow instead of using a java action, and with that improve on the code readability and maintainability.

answered