Order on two columns does not have the expected result

When i do the order by with shift en mousebutton,  select first hoofgroep and the stap, then i works fine? Do anybody why the layout show a wrong "order by"
asked
3 answers

Hi R,

It looks like you found a bug! As community we cannot help you fix this, only try some work-arounds. However, I would advice to submit a ticket for support (https://support.mendix.com).

I think it has to do with the reference set you are retrieving it from: does it work when you retrieve directly from database/XPath?

Kind regards,

Johan Flikweert

answered

Hi R,

As a workaround you could use as datasource a MF. Within the MF you retrieve your data and create a sorted list which you  can return.

Kind regards,

Ritchie

answered

not sure if this is a bug. some pointers;

1. Version_Steps is a *-* association, not sure about the Steps_Headgroup association. But *-* associations are a pain in the ass by definition. 
  2. You are sorting (which is a Xpath enrichment => db query) over an association, while the reference set selector is in memory. This might conflict. and thus shouldn't be done

These a just thoughts. Use them to test/investigate further; if you have more answers let us (the community) know.

answered