Email Template App Store - Server Configuration User Name/Password

Hi – I’ve downloaded the EmailTemplate module from the app store. On the admin setup page, I assume the “user name” and “password” under server configuration are MY OWN credentials? Not server-related per se? That is what is suggested by the helpful site below which gives gmail as an example but want to make sure I’m understanding correctly. Do I still use my own credentials using a work email address? And are there any troubleshooting techniques if the test email doesn’t work? https://austinmcnicholas.com/blog/2019/2/24/setup-email-in-a-mendix-app-in-10-minutes-or-less-9ya8n  
asked
6 answers

Here is how it looks in one of my apps for an Office 365 account:

You will need to find the right server name, port and SSL/TSL settings.  Also, the email server you configure needs to be configured to allow mail to be sent via SMTP.

If the test email doesn’t send, look in the Console (in Studio Pro) or in the logs (if you are running in the cloud) to see if the error message gives you some useful information about what caused the error.

answered

Hi,

The username and password under serverconfiguration are server related. They are the username and password of the email server that you want to use. If you use your own gmail as email server to send the emails with, you will indeed have to fill in your own username and password

answered

In this case I’m using my work email … It says it cannot send the test email so am not sure where to go from here.

answered

Are you able to test using a Gmail account for example.  Google Gmail SMTP settings to get the server address and ports. For your work, you may have to contact the team responsible for email to provide you with the correct settings. 

answered

I cannot see the radio button or checkboxes for SSL or TLS … Is there an optimal page layout to see those checkboxes?

answered

Hi

Are you still running into issues? After adding the email with templates module, did you also add these modules:

1. Encyption module
  2. MxModelReflection module

After they are downloaded and installed, create a new module eg Emailcustom with a page and add the snippet from the EmailTemplate module called “Administration” to your newly created page.

Configure your security and add the necessary encyption key within the encryption module.

If you have done this then you should see all the option.  Hope this helps.

answered