Frontend creation of workflows - Mendix Forum

Frontend creation of workflows

Hi,

Following up on “workflows” beta feature of Mx version 9 : the idea is to provide a workflow designer screen for frontend, similar as the one we use in the Studio Pro. So any user of the app could create workflows, not only developers

cheers 

asked
4 answers

Yes, it’s not an easy one, and since the feature is still in beta, I won’t take the risk to develop a module now…
I think that offering this as part of Mendix would drastically increase the value of the product, and the possibilities would be amazing !!

Created

Hi François,

Interesting, and even though it isn’t part of the platform capabilities yet, technically you would probably be able to build this today. As Studio build everything on top of the model SDK with React and a few other technologies. It would probably be one of the most (if not the most) complicated widget/set of widgets though.

Kind regards,

Mitchel

Created

Hi Mitchel !
Yes, I’m talking about allowing end users to define their own workflows, without the ability to create pages or microflows, but only using what is available (= made by developpers in the studio)
Cheers

Created

Hi François,

Are you talking about a web editor like provided in Studio? Wouldn’t the target group you are referring to just be the Studio developer? Or do you want to give actual end users the ability to hookup workflow definitions/pages/microflows to make their own workflow?

Kind regards,

Mitchel

Created