Import Mendix data (CSV/Excel/other means)

Hi Mendix Community,   I am in the following situation: I have a Mendix App which is to be phased out on an old platform, and no longer have access to update the app. I can still retrieve most/all necessary information from it as raw data (CSV with object guid, attributes, referenced guids etc.) – I also do not have any direct access to the databases to perform the data transfer. I have looked at Mendix’s Excel Importer app store module briefly, which seems promising.   But is that app store module suited for also getting the object guid, System.changedDate, System.createdBy, etc., and reference guids and make sure the references are constructed properly when importing to the new environment/platform for the Mendix App?   The data I need to move over has at least 400.000 entities if not more. There are also FileDocuments involved in this.   Thank you in advance, Andreas   Note: I am using Mendix Studio Pro 8.18.9, but it does not show in the dropdown when asking this question :)
asked
2 answers

Hi Andreas,

From what I can see, you can not set the object ID (assuming this is what you mean with the object GUID), owner, changed by, changed date and created date using the importer. I myself is not completely sure how Mendix generates their object IDs.

I have in the past tried to mess around with it (creating a couple of thousand entities using PostgreSQL), however, when you want to use or add data it usually resulted in errors (for me at least).

Based on your time and constraints, you can perhaps build a type of ETL importer to import your associations using some sort of UID. However, I don’t believe you will get the same object IDs in your new system

answered

Hi ,

You can use database replication module  to migrate you date and the below is the market place URL :

https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/component/160

and please check the bellow link for more information about the module  :

https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/modules/database-replication

answered