Workflow security issue

I am trying to use workflows in mendix 9.5.0 and I am getting this error “Read access denied for member 'Name' of object 'Administration.Account'”
asked
10 answers

Hello Mohammad:

You must have a role in your App security (the place where you activate the production security) and give the privileges by selecting one of the system roles.

By example if you open your administrator role and push edit you will be able to select the roles at system.

The roles that can reach the name atributte are administrator and user.

If you select one of this for your administrator role this role will can use this atributte.

You have to know from where is the error coming and for what role is returning this error and will be that role the one that you have to change.

answered

I was running into a similar issue except the Active attribute was being called out.  I resolved it by upgrading to 9.5.1 from 9.5.0. 

answered

Hello Mohammad,

It looks like a security problem.

Have you add an access rule to your Account entity?

To do that you must open the administration domain module and add acces rule for every role in that module:

answered

Hallo Angel

Thanks for your replay. Here is how administrator.account looks like. I think all user roles have been set.ow my

answered

Hello:

This entity inherit the name atributte from the System User entity:

You can´t change the system entities so you have to add a role relationship from security:

That works for me in the past.

I told you that you change in the administration module but it´s recomended not to change anything on the marketplace modules because if you download it again you will lose all your changes so be carefull with that.

answered

Hello

What kind of role do I have to add. The administrator in the administrator module is already an administrator in the system module.

answered

The Manager role how is changing the system.user. The manager has already the user role in the system.user.

answered

Hello Mohammad:

That´s weird, take a look at the other roles that you have in order to find what of all your roles is the one who return the error.

This error occurs when some of your roles are trying to read the name attribute either for a page or a microflow.

You have to find what role is failing and give it the read rigths by marking one of the system roles.

answered

Ok thanks a lot I will have a look at it.

answered

You are wellcome, please let me know if it works for you and in that case can you mark as the best answer on the left side of the answer. Gives a visual clue that a satisfying answer has been given and gives points to the person who gave the answer :)

Thanks

answered