Workflow not showing any tasks in Task Inbox

Hi all, this is a question regarding the “Build A Powerful Workflow” learning path in Mendix Academy.  I have already set up the project basics, just the way they mentioned in the learning path. In section 7, it says that a microflow DS_WorkflowUserTask_GetWF_OnboardingContext is generated along with creation of the page SpecifyDevice_Workflow in order to fetch the context information. However, no microflows were created for me when I created the page. Instead, for my page, the context is automatically taken by over association. The issue I am facing right now is that when I start the onboarding, I should be able the view the tasks in my demo_Managers’ task inbox, however, I am not able to. My Task Inbox remains empty. I am not sure where I am going wrong as I followed everything in the learning path except for this microflow part. If anybody knows a solution to this problem, please help. I have attached the relevant screenshot below. Also, I a using Mendix Studio Pro v9.7.0.   This is what the learning path shows:     This is what I am getting:  
asked
3 answers

I know its very late, but I think I might have found the solution: You have to allow the access to the DS_WorkflowUserTask_GetEmployee_OnboardingContext for the roles Facilities, HR and Manager.

You can do that by opening the microflow and selecting the roles under Properties > Allowed roles. If you or others reading this have the same problem, let me know if it worked out :) 

EDIT: I might be wrong. Try to select the right entity first under App > Security > Demo users where you should set the entity to Administration.Account instead of System.User

answered

It seems like you're encountering an issue with the workflow in Mendix and the expected behavior outlined in the learning path. While I can provide some general guidance, it's important to note that specific issues may require detailed knowledge of your Mendix project and configurations. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Review Learning Path Steps:

• Double-check each step in the learning path to ensure that you haven't missed any crucial configurations or settings.
  2. Microflow Creation:

• Even if the microflow is not generated automatically, it's possible that it needs to be created manually. Compare your project with the instructions in the learning path to see if there are manual steps for creating the microflow.
  3. Association Configurations:

• Since you mentioned that the context is automatically taken over association instead of through a microflow, ensure that the associations are set up correctly. Check the association between entities involved in the workflow to make sure it aligns with the expected behavior.
  4. User Role Permissions:

• Verify that the user role (in this case, demo_Managers) has the necessary permissions to view and access the tasks. It's possible that there might be a permission-related issue.
  5. Check for Errors:

• Review the Mendix Studio Pro console and logs for any error messages or warnings related to the workflow and task inbox. This can provide valuable information about what might be going wrong.
  6. Version Compatibility:

• Ensure that the version of Mendix Studio Pro you are using (v9.7.0) is compatible with the learning path's instructions. Sometimes, updates to Mendix may introduce changes that affect the behavior of certain features.
  7. Community Support:

• If you are still unable to resolve the issue, consider reaching out to the Mendix community or forums for assistance. Other Mendix developers may have faced similar challenges and can provide insights or solutions.
  8. Mendix Documentation:

• Refer to the official Mendix documentation for the version you are using. It may contain additional details or updates that are not covered in the learning path.

If the issue persists after going through these steps, it might be helpful to provide more specific details or consult the Mendix community or support resources for targeted assistance with your project.

answered

Hi Jisa,

It looks like this training module was built out against Mendix Version 9.10.1.

The workflow functionality was not made GA until 9.10 which included the workflow context capability being referenced in the training.

https://docs.mendix.com/releasenotes/studio-pro/9.10/#9100

• Workflows are no longer in Beta in Studio Pro, which means the workflow functionality is now supported and can be deployed to production environments.
  • We added a new microflow activity Retrieve Workflow Context to retrieve the selected workflow context object.
answered