Show warning message validation in workflow

Hi I have created the nomination app. Here employee can nominate other and the manager can approve or reject the nomination and add the corresponding reason. Reason is the attribute in my domain model entity My requirement here is: The manager can only approve or reject the nomination after he add the reason for approving/rejecting the nomination. If the reason is not added, there should be a popup saying to add the reason first. What I have done as of now, I have created the workflow with 2 outcome approve and reject. But I am not able to get the popup. I have added the workflow on those outcome and added the show message page but still no popup is seen on the screen.    
asked
2 answers

Hi Harsh,

you can do something like this: instead of "complete task" on the current page, change the action to call a microflow, create a new microflow with validation inside.

image.png

In the submicroflow for validation, you will check if Reason != empty, if it is filled in, you proceed, if not, you change the variable to false and display validation in the place of the entered reason.

image.png

In the example given, I am checking if a phone model is selected, if it is not, I display information to choose a phone model.

image.png

If you want pop-up, then change validation message to show message

image.png

image.png

I hope I helped. If so, please accept the answer. 

Best regards,

Adam

answered

Hi Harsh,

have a look at this forum post, which describes the issue and gives a solution.

answered