Unable to query objects using createXPathQuery with variable

Hello, I have a requirement to generate dynamic X Path based on input object. So i have written a Java Action that takes input object (__SearchCriteria) as parameter. My code looks like below (For Simplicity, i have hard coded the values for now)     public java.util.List<IMendixObject> executeAction() throws Exception     {         this.SearchCriteria = __SearchCriteria == null ? null : partvolumeplanning.proxies.ProgramSearchCriteria.initialize(getContext(), __SearchCriteria);         // BEGIN USER CODE          String remoteTypeXPathStr    = "//AdientPartVolumePlanning.AdientProgram[Name=$SearchCriteria/Name]";         XPathQuery xPathQuery = Core.createXPathQuery(remoteTypeXPathStr);         xPathQuery.setVariable("SearchCriteria", __SearchCriteria);         return xPathQuery.execute(getContext());       // END USER CODE }         It fails at following  Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusRuntimeException: An exception has occurred for the following request(s):      InternalXPathTextGetRequest (depth = 0): //AdientPartVolumePlanning.AdientProgram[Name=$SearchCriteria/Name]     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:84)   I Tried following as well, // BEGIN USER CODE String remoteTypeXPathStr    = "//AdientPartVolumePlanning.AdientProgram[Name=$namevar]"; XPathQuery xPathQuery = Core.createXPathQuery(remoteTypeXPathStr); xPathQuery.setVariable("namevar", “Name1”); return xPathQuery.execute(getContext()); // END USER CODE and it fails with InternalXPathTextGetRequest (depth = 0): //AdientPartVolumePlanning.AdientProgram[Name=$namevar]   I would really appreciate any help here. Thanks, Sachin
asked
2 answers

Hello, 

You probably added the data into the table through the database layer directly and not the mendix by creating object and committing it into the DB.

Each record in a Mendix database should have a unique id, which is entity id. By adding data through the mendix the id is generated. When adding custom data through an insert statement the id is zero.

answered

Try writing it like this:

String remoteTypeXPathStr    = "//AdientPartVolumePlanning.AdientProgram[Name="+SearchCriteria.getName()+"]";

answered