Issue with Case sensitive data

Hi Team, I have search criteria , in which value stored in DB is mixed cases, I have a request in which the same value comes in Upper case. Since the db is case sensitive , it is not finding it. I tried using contains() method, its time consuming. Then tried to convert to uppercase and search in retrieve xpath, that mendix doesnot allow. Is there any other way it can search despite of its case sensitivity.
asked
3 answers

You can use the starts-with expression

https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/xpath-starts-with

This is case insensitive. Combine it with length for a (case insensitive) exact match.

regards, Fabian

answered

Another option, if you don't want slow searches, would be to add another column in your database where you save an all lowercase or uppercase version of your data, and then use that to search. This has its own set of issues though (duplicate data, needing to always use search fields for columns you're not showing, etc.)

answered

If it’s not an issue, instead of using xpath as datasource you might try microflow datasource and implement retrieve list + filter by expression list operation (convert to lowercase/uppercase) 

answered