Microflow URL Redirects to Incorrect Browser URL

0
I'm using a microflow URL to open a specific page in my Mendix app. The URL looks like this: https://abc.com/link/employee-report?employee=john The page loads correctly, but the browser URL changes to: https://abc.com/?employee=john This is misleading for users because the displayed URL doesn’t reflect the actual page and won’t work if reused. Is there a way to: Preserve the original microflow URL in the browser? Or at least show only the base application URL (e.g., https://abc.com) instead of an incorrect one? I’m aware of some "Set URL" widgets that might help, but I’d prefer a native solution if possible. Any suggestions?
asked
1 answers
0

Hi Shreyash,


With Mendix 10.6+, I would not use a custom “Set URL” widget for this. Microflow URLs are designed for exactly this scenario.


When a microflow has a configured URL, Mendix executes the microflow during client startup. If that microflow contains a Show page action, that page becomes the first page shown. The browser URL should remain the configured microflow URL.

For example:

https://abc.com/p/employee-report/{Employee/Name}

or, if you're using a primitive/query parameter:

https://abc.com/p/employee-report?employee=John

Then configure the microflow URL and let the microflow retrieve the required employee and Show page.

If the browser is changing from:

/p/employee-report/John

to:

/p/employee/John

after the microflow executes, I would check whether the page being shown also has its own Page URL. Mendix uses the page URL when navigating directly to a page; if the page has no URL configured, the previous URL can remain visible.

So I would check these first:

  • Microflow URL is configured correctly.
  • The microflow doesn't contain another navigation action that redirects somewhere else.
  • The target page doesn't have a different URL configured that is being used for navigation.
  • Check that there isn't another Page/Microflow URL with an overlapping pattern. Mendix requires URL patterns to be unambiguous.
  • If this is an OIDC/SSO application, make sure the authentication flow preserves the continuation URL. OIDC supports Page and Microflow URLs and redirects back to the requested URL after successful login.

Also, the old Deep Link module is deprecated from Mendix 10.6 and replaced by Page URLs and Microflow URLs, so I wouldn't introduce the old module just to solve this.


If the requirement is only to show the base application URL after opening the link, that's a different requirement. But if the goal is to keep the original /p/... URL visible and reusable, the built-in Page/Microflow URL mechanism is the correct approach.


Hope this helps.

answered