Mendix 10.24.26 Upgraded App

0
Hello,I have just finished upgrading an application from 9.24 to 10.24.26. Since then, I have been unable to build a native app using the Mendix Native Builder with the following error:Ive made progress, but I now have this issue:[Output] Error: Unable to resolve module react-navigation from C:\Mendix\Projects\App_UPGRADE\deployment\native\widgets\mendix\pagetransition\PageTransition.ios.js: react-navigation could not be found within the project or in these directories:[Error] error Unable to resolve module react-navigation from C:\Mendix\Projects\App_UPGRADE\deployment\native\widgets\mendix\pagetransition\PageTransition.ios.js: react-navigation could not be found within the project or in these directories:I noticed that this is being thrown from the ios bundling stage, I do not need an ios app, however I dont seem to be able to only bundle for android anymore as the checkboxes for this have seemingly disappeared from the UI. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or able to provide some insight?Thanks,Matthew
asked
1 answers
0

Hi Matthew,


The error points to a Native Template / native dependency mismatch, rather than an issue with the iOS configuration itself.


The important part of the error is:

Unable to resolve module react-navigation
from ...\widgets\mendix\pagetransition\PageTransition

PageTransition is trying to import react-navigation, but that dependency is not available in the generated native project.


Since the application was upgraded from 9.24 to 10.24.26, I would first check that the Native Template version being used is compatible with the exact Studio Pro version. Mendix documents that the Native Template version is closely related to the Studio Pro version and that using a mismatched version can result in unexpected behavior.


I would try the following:

  1. Update/reconfigure the Native Template using the Native Mobile Builder and select a Native Template version that supports Studio Pro 10.24.26.
  2. Remove the generated native project/build artifacts and let the Native Mobile Builder regenerate the project.
  3. Make sure all native widgets/modules used by the app are compatible with Mendix 10.24.x. In particular, check the module/widget that provides:
widgets/mendix/pagetransition

  1. Re-run the Native Mobile Builder after the dependencies have been regenerated.

I would not manually install react-navigation with npm as the first fix. Mendix's Native Template is responsible for configuring the React Native dependencies, so manually adding a package can hide the underlying version mismatch and potentially introduce another dependency conflict.


Regarding Android-only builds: if the current Native Mobile Builder no longer gives you a separate Android/iOS selection, I would first fix the dependency error rather than trying to bypass the iOS bundling stage. The Native Template contains both Android and iOS native projects, which are built independently from the same generated project.


One other thing worth checking is whether the project contains an older/custom version of the PageTransition widget/module that came across during the 9.24 → 10.24 migration. If so, update it to a version compatible with 10.24.26 or remove/re-add it and regenerate the native project.


So I would start with:

Mendix 10.24.26
      ↓
Check Native Template compatibility
      ↓
Update/reconfigure Native Mobile Builder
      ↓
Regenerate native project/dependencies
      ↓
Check PageTransition widget/module version
      ↓
Build again

If the same react-navigation error remains after regenerating with the correct Native Template, then I would look specifically at the PageTransition widget/module version and its declared npm dependencies. At that point, it is likely a compatibility issue in that widget rather than the Mendix application model itself.


Hope this helps.

answered