Hello Ulrich Leinauer!
Unfortunately, it is not possible to use TIAP users in an Industrial Edge app running in Unified Comfort panel. There is no provider to use the users configured there neither possibility to synchronize or federate users from WinCC Unified and Industrial Edge.
Hi Ulrich Leinauer,
You have users defined in WinCC Unified and you have a separate application running in Industrial Edge. You want to know whether the Edge application can reuse the WinCC Unified users and roles.
The key technical question is whether Siemens supports direct UMAC access from an Edge container, or whether authentication must go through an Edge/Unified authentication service or another supported identity mechanism.
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the replies. It’s a shame that it doesn’t work, but at least now I know and don’t have to worry about it anymore. I guess I’ll just build my own login system.
Thanks again, everyone.
Best regards,
Uli