Error while connect to REST API (External)

0
Question:I'm able to connect to an endpoint using Postman and receive the expected response. However, when I call the same endpoint through a Mendix microflow via REST API, the connection fails. Could you help me troubleshoot this?Context:The endpoint works correctly in Postman but returns an error when called from the microflow. (Mendix Cloud Environment)Error Message:javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:(certificate_unknown) PKIX path building failed:sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:PKIX path building failed:sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:unable to find valid certification path to requested targetCopilot Response:This means:Your Mendix runtime (Java) does not trust the SSL certificate presented by the target REST API server.The SSL handshake fails before the GET request can be completed.```
asked
2 answers
0

This happens to me whenever I'm running localhost and trying to reach an endpoint. If you are not running local and you are in some form of a cloud, then it could be proxy,firewall,company policy. You can try downloading the API cert and upload it manually to your mendix project.


Hit the padlock of the URL and download it from there.

answered
1

I haven't run into this particular issue before, though I do a lot with external API endpoints, taking your question/context, Claude seems to think there is a chance you need to upload the CA cert to the mendix cloud (instructions below)


If you can send me a screenshot of your rest call, I might be able to give you a better answer, there are a few toggles including a Client Certificate one that you might be worth trying as well

answered