Make it Native

0
Dear support,I managed to push my app through Build Native Mobile and connected it to my GitHub. But I still cannot connect it with Make it Native via QR code.I am using :latest Make it Native Android app from Google playMendix 11.14.0Also I tried through Android Studio but don't want to spend too much time as I am still well into development process and would just need some simple testing of the Mobile app for now.Kind regardsGregor
asked
2 answers
0

Hi Gregor,


The current Make it Native release on Google Play only supports Mendix up to 11.12, and your project is on 11.14.0. That's why even the Native Mobile Template fails with the version error. You have two ways forward:

  1. Build a custom developer app from the Native Mobile Template. This is a Make it Native-style app built for your exact Mendix version, so it doesn't depend on the Play Store version. Follow the Custom Developer App Guide (linked on the error screen). You can build it with the Native Builder in Studio Pro or with Android Studio using the template. Install the resulting APK on your phone, run your app locally, and connect by scanning the QR code from the developer app instead of Make it Native.
  2. Use Studio Pro 11.12.x for now. If you'd rather not build the app, open the project in an 11.12 version and use the Play Store Make it Native app until a release supporting 11.14 is published..


Since you're still in development, option 1 is the better choice: you build the developer app once and reuse it, and you only rebuild it when native dependencies change.


Kindly mark this as the accepted answer if it helps.

answered
0

Dear support,


I still didn't get the answer to my quesiton. Also I tested now with Native Mobile Template prepared by Mendix and I still cannot make it run. Even without adding any logic, entities etc. to it.


So literally trying to run Template; and openning with mobile app Make it Native it doesn't work. I am getting error:





Kind regards

Gregor

answered