Hi Aaya,
The fact that all workflows stop creating User Tasks at the same time, while the application itself continues to run normally, is the key clue here.
If this were a workflow design issue, user targeting issue, or workflow definition issue, I would expect only specific workflows to fail. Since every workflow is affected simultaneously and a runtime restart immediately resolves it, I would focus on the workflow runtime processing layer (task queues/background processing) rather than individual workflow definitions.
I've seen similar symptoms where:
In those cases, the workflow engine itself was not stopped, but the background processing responsible for advancing workflow activities was no longer progressing.
The next time it happens, before restarting, I would capture:
WorkflowEngine logs at Debug/Trace levelTaskQueue logs at Debug/Trace levelI would also check whether the number of queued task queue jobs continues to increase while the incident is occurring. If workflow instances are being created but the queue responsible for advancing them is no longer being processed, that would match the behavior you're describing.
Another thing that stands out is that you're on Mendix 11.12.1. Since the issue is environment-wide and only recoverable through a restart, I'd strongly consider opening a Mendix Support ticket the next time it occurs and attaching:
The combination of all workflows affected, instances created successfully, and restart immediately restores processing points more toward a runtime/workflow engine processing problem than a workflow configuration problem.
If you can capture diagnostics before the restart, Mendix Support should have a much better chance of identifying whether a workflow executor thread, task queue worker, or runtime process is becoming blocked.